Why join ESPA?
Why Join ESPA Webinar - hear from current members why they are part of the ESPA family…and why you should be too!
Members, download this ESPA membership flyer and distribute it at your local events!
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT! If you attend the Annual Conference at the non-member rate and you decide to join ESPA within three (3) months of the conference, ESPA will credit the non-member portion of your registration fee to your dues!
Key Member Benefits
The Event Service Professionals Association is the only industry association geared specifically to the unique needs of Event and Convention Services Managers. We recognize and understand the day-to-day challenges Services professionals face; our programming is geared to help you achieve success, find solutions, and grow in your career. Here is what you can look for with an ESPA membership:
- ESPA Annual Conference, held each January in conjunction with PCMA, draws from the best speakers in the country, addressing the most timely issues for Event and Convention Services professionals
- Monthly continuing education programs from the convenience of your office, each offering CE Hours:
- Webinars - Online presentations from leading industry experts on topics you can put to use in your daily career as a Services professional
- Monthly ESPA event*ure - a member only e-newsletter with timely tips and association news
- Online ESPA membership directory, a listing of "Who's Who in Event and Convention Services"
- ESPA Article Archive from past newsletters, listed by subject
- Committee participation opportunities in areas of your interest (for more information on these committees, please visit Committees)
- Professional liaison, special cooperation and meeting programming with PCMA and other industry associations, including a reduced registration fee for one day of the PCMA Conference program
- Continuing Education Hours offered at all meetings and programs, including the monthly Webinars
- Job Bank to assist in career exploration and advancement
- Opportunities for professional contact with current and potential clients
- Join ESPA's Social Network Groups (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter) to communicate with other ESPA members
- Membership certificate and membership pin recognized by meeting planners
- And of course, the many benefits you get from networking with your fellow Services peers from across the US and Canada. Many friendships are made, which you can count on when in need of references, resources and career development.
Need Help Getting Management Approval for your Membership Dues?
Because it is often the sales team that is approved for association memberships and conference attendance, ESPA has put together a letter that can help to convey to Executive management the real benefits of their event and convention services team receiving ongoing education. Services professionals are often the number one reason that planners repeat their business at a certain venue or city!
If you need assistance pitching the ESPA membership to your management, be sure to print out this document to help show the benefits of your
involvement in the association.
Check out our categories of membership
to find out what fits you best...